WHEN YOU’VE BLOWN AN EMOTIONAL FUSE
I’ve long held the belief that we are more than our bodies… in fact, I’ve believed in this since I was just a little thing. We all ‘know’ that now, don’t we? We all understand, even if it’s on an intellectual level, that we are mind (thought/ego), body (flesh and bone) and spirit (universal consciousness, true essence, pure love).
The reason I learned this at such a young age is because I witnessed the DIRECT correlation between emotional trauma + physical dis-ease within my own family.
My mother – the source of my spirituality and the one who still teaches me about unconditional love and compassion – often showcased the effects of emotional pain and imbalance through her physical body. I can almost timeline every major illness that she has been struck down with alongside an emotional period! (A big Middle Eastern family is not without it’s trials and tribulations!)
Without over-sharing (out of respect for my gorgeous mamma) it was witnessing this that clearly flagged to me how our illness(es) really are a clear smoke-signal from the amazing system of our mind/body/spirit that something is out of whack.
It’s not just about food
Some of you may have noticed a slight shift in direction on my blog over the last 6 months. I am STILL hugely passionate about good food, nutrition and movement, however (and as most of my clients know) I believe that is simply the ENTRY point into true wellness. I still get so excited to work with individuals and help them find true health by harnessing the power of food.
However, at some point, once we’ve cleaned up the diet and we have found a level of balance and health (and only when you are ready) we then need to peel back the layers to see what we have lying underneath. Emotions that do not serve us, limiting beliefs, stress, past hurts > often we think we’ve ‘worked’ through this stuff and it’s just laying dormant. More often than not we are still being bullied by the junk hiding underneath.
This is when we realise that, hey, it’s not just about the food I am eating… there is something else going on here!
Maybe you’ve just blown an emotional fuse?
When I’m working with a client who, after a few sessions, has all the information they need to eat and live well BUT they still show signs of illness OR they still can’t commit to what they know, then it’s time to peel the layers back.
This is when we explore – what emotional fuse have you blown? What smoke-signal is your body sending up to you, asking you to respond and react accordingly to the emotions that you aren’t dealing with.
Unfortunately we are trained to TREAT the physical ailment as THE PROBLEM. More often than not it’s the final symptom of the underlying problem – negative emotions, events and belief systems.
Sometimes we just get sick – it is what it is – and I’m not discounting that. But I speak from experience when I say that often when something repeats itself or lingers there is something else going on… you can be sure of it.
As many of you would know now after reading my new ebook I was sent messages, quite dramatically through my body. The state of my health deteriorating the more I ignored the underlying truths.
[If you haven’t yet checked out my new ebook on surrender and learning how to let go head over HERE.]
That back injury I had for over a year – oh my that was deeply rooted in financial insecurity, fear of moving forward, not feeling supported by life, disbelief in my own abilities and so much more. Do I have that back injury now? NO. Do I have any of those beliefs now?… you know the answer.
Louise L Hay is the master of this. In her famous book Heal Your Body she connects your bodily pain/illnesses to emotional blow-outs.
- Having problems in your back/spine? Where don’t you feel supported in life?
- Digestive problems? Where do you feel stuck or what are you refusing to let go of?
- Cold or upper respiratory problem? Maybe there is too much going on in your life?!
- Persistent cough? It’s time to speak up or maybe you need to ‘bark’ back?
What is your body trying to tell you, NOW?
Take the time now to scan through your body. Listen to its signals. Or rather, can you smell the smoke it’s been burning…trying to get your attention. There might be something small and niggly that’s been there for a while but you’ve cleverly and skillfully ignored it. Or perhaps you’ve just been struck down with the flu, an injury or otherwise. Get aware!
Do this exercise below: It’s like heading down to your emotional fuse box and shining a light on the truth.
What am I feeling PHYSICALLY?
- Write down as many things as you can register, some are going to be so obvious, others maybe have been swept under the covers. But go with your intuition. Sometimes we just KNOW when something isn’t a problem.
If I am honest, what am I feeling EMOTIONALLY?
- Write down the emotions that come to mind. When you take a moment to connect in with how you FEEL. You can’t THINK your way through this answer by the way, you’ll need to quietly and softly enter your hear and move out of your headspace.
Now, looking at my life, what is the CAUSE of these feelings?
- Now that you’ve been clear about what you are feeling emotionally (and therefore physically represented in the body) now try and draw a connection to where in your life you’ve blown a fuse.
- Be honest with yourself about what you aren’t being honest about! Get me? Where are you lying to yourself and ignoring the truth?
Finally, what would it be like for you to be FREE of these feelings?
- To allow yourself to completely understand how these feelings (limiting beliefs, squashed desires, ignored truths) are affecting you try to see it from the other perspective.
- How would it be for you to be totally free of this junk? Where in your life would you feel lightness. What positive effect would it have? How would you feel without that physical/emotional issue?
Just remember, you can always replace a blown fuse – you just need to find the root cause and all can be healed from there!
Now. I’d love to hear from you! Share with us in the comments below:
- Have you blown an emotional fuse?
- How is it showing up in your life and can you identify what’s really going on for you?
love + light,
Join The Wellness ProjectGet free weekly insights & inspiration
- Get your FREE ebook: 21 Days to Free Your Mind, Fuel Your Body & Feed Your Soul
https://homedepotscomsurvey.com https://ipandaexpressfeedback.com https://iwhataburgersurvey.com https://ichipotlefeedback.com https://talktowendysknow.com https://tellsubwaylistens.com https://talktosonicknow.com https://lowescomsurveys.com https://telldunkincom.com