SPOTLIGHT ON YOGA: TWISTING + WHY IT’S GOOD FOR YOUR DIGESTION!
Ohh, I love to twist. Recently I shared with you a little detail about my journey with IBS. I got a little graphic and explained to you the awful toilette experience I used to endure. You can read that post HERE. Thank god I am free from that. I definitely, DEFINITELY, attribute yoga to contributing to that freedom and to twists.
If you are a yogi you’ll know what I mean – twists have a way of wringing you out – opening you up and leaving you with this deep urge to let out a big open-mouthed exhale. AHHHH…
They come in many shapes and forms – some are more advanced and much harder to experience. There is a way to include twists into your life on a regular basis. As a runner you can add them into your pre-stretch. After a weight workout a twists session – the contraction and expansion – can relieve tired muscles.
BUT, (there is always a but) I think twists are so beneficial from a digestive perspective. They squeeze and release the gastrointestinal tract. if you find you are feeling a little sluggish with little movement happening down there, or perhaps cramping, gas, bloating and other side-effects from IBS or eating something that didn’t agree with you – get twisting!
The twist featured is super simple… here’s a little how-to:
- Starting from all fours, straight the legs and raise the hips into downward facing dog.
- From here step your right foot forward between your hands.
- Keep your left palm flat to the floor (or use a block or a book for extra height)
- Raise your right arm straight up to the ceiling. Try and twist from the spine, rib cage and waist, not by throwing the arm back.
- Keep your hips square and twist a little deeper with your exhale.
- Hold for 5 – 10 long, slow breaths and then step back and change sides!
So, get twisting. There are a heap of other twists out there from seated twists to more advanced binds. But if you are new to it – keep it simple and enjoy the health benefits.
I’m getting my twist on – after my wedding last Friday and all the delicious indulgence I definitely feel the need for a few cleansing twists.
love + light,
https://homedepotscomsurvey.com https://ipandaexpressfeedback.com https://iwhataburgersurvey.com https://ichipotlefeedback.com https://talktowendysknow.com https://tellsubwaylistens.com https://talktosonicknow.com https://lowescomsurveys.com https://telldunkincom.com