SLEEPY SUNDAY BREAKFAST MENU
But by far, my favourite breakfast is the one made and shared with my boyfriend on a Sunday morning. Often it’s a hash meal – bashed together with whatever we have left over. Sometimes, there is much more planning involved. But there is always love. We love the ritual of it. I’m also excited for a little eggy action which is solely reserved for the weekends (or work breakfast meetings!) So here is my favourite weekend breakfast. It is the perfect balance of heartiness, sustenance and fresh, light energetic food. I always feel pleasantly content and sustained until the late afternoon.
What you’ll need:
- Good quality fermented/sprouted bread – we love Sonoma Wholemeal Miche!
- Free range, anti-biotic free eggs,
- Parsley + mint
- Sprouts (I sprout my own lentils … Check it out here or buy them from a fruit + veg)
- Red Capsicums
- Silverbeet spinach
1) Poached eggs on toast
- We poach our eggs with a little help from our friend cling film (I know, not the greatest option!)
- Take the cling film – grease one side with olive oil. Put a small bunch of parsley and mint on top. Crack an egg on top and tie up the cling film with cooking string.
- Bring the water to a boil and pop the little package into the water with the top hanging over the edge for quick removal. 4 minutes will give you a lovely half gooey, half cooked through egg – wrapped in delicious herbs.
2) Sprouts, mushroom + capsicum stir-fry.
- 1 teaspoon of coconut oil, 1 garlic glove and a 1 teaspoon of paprika + cumin seeds.
- Roast the garlic for a 1min or so.
- Chuck in all the veggies and stir fry quickly on high head – add more paprika to taste.
3) Steamed greens
- Roughly chop up (washed) Kale + Silverbeet – use as much of the veg as you can
- Steam it on top of simmering water
- Serve with a drizzle of olive oil + Z’atar (A lebanese condiment of dried + crushed oregano with sesame seeds)
We sip on homemade ginger + raw honey iced tea with fresh mint + a lemon wedge whilst we are cooking.
We sit. We eat. We talk.
Perfect Sunday morning.
Signing off with an exhale.
Pause. Listen. Live.
4 Comments to “SLEEPY SUNDAY BREAKFAST MENU”
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.
Join The Wellness ProjectGet free weekly insights & inspiration
- 3 Steps to More Wellness Video Guide!
- A Healthy Foodie Must-Haves Shopping List!
- The first chapter of my ebook on Surrender!
- Get your FREE ebook: 21 Days to Free Your Mind, Fuel Your Body & Feed Your Soul
Meditate with Claire
Coach with Claire
Meditation for Mamas
Named Best 100 Health Coach Blogs 2015