NUTS FOR COCONUT… why it’s good for your health
Coconuts. I love the word, the scent, the taste, the fact that it’s a large nut with so much to offer… But what I love even more is that Coconut Oil, something I once used by on holidays in Thailand for my hair and skin, is now widely acclaimed as highly nutritious. Coconut oil is so packed with lots of goodies that you should rush out and by a coconut plantation, now.
Traditional cultures have long known the incredible health-giving benefits of the humble coconut and we are just cottoning onto it now. So, what about the whole saturated fat thing? Well… it’s true, Coconut Oil is high is saturated fat, but it’s the good kind. You don’t believe that saturated fats can ever be good? Well that’s a whole other conversation, but t’s hard to gloss over the truth. The evidence is there. Heart disease was rare when cultures consumed saturated fats like coconut oil, butter and ghee. Come the 20th Century and the introduction of the ‘healthy heart safe’ oils, from hydrolysed vegetable oil, and cue an incline in heart disease.
What are the benefits of coconut oil?
· Increase energy
· Reduce risk of heart disease
· Improve digestion and ability to absorb nutrients
· Promote weight loss and maintenance
· Help prevent bacterial, yeast, fungal, and viral infections
· Support and enhance your immune system
· Regulate blood sugar
· Prevent osteoporosis
· Prevent premature aging and wrinkling of the skin
Not convinced yet? Well here are a few easy ways to include coconut into your diet to see how it works for you.
1. Add coconut oil and/or fresh coconut water and flesh (from young coconuts) to your smoothies
2. Use coconut oil to bake with instead of vegetable oil. I use when I’m baking banana bread, muffins etc
3. Cook with it. It has a really high burning point so coconut oil doesn’t go rancid like olive oil (best to eat this raw, not heated). It adds the nicest, slightly nutty flavour.
4. Eat it! A spoonful is more than enough and will help you feel fuller for longer.
5. A healing remedy. Because Coconut oil has anti-microbrial properties it can help with a cold. Warm water, honey and a tbls of coconut oil makes a soothing tonic. Or add it topically to little cuts and scratches.
6. An all-purpose beauty tool – a lip balm, body/facial moisturiser, make-up remover, hair mask. There is something so luxurious about using coconut oil on your body, face, hair… and economical!
7. Detox. I haven’t tried this one but coconut oil is said to help detox the body whilst supplying it with necessary energy. Take 5mls of coconut oil up to seven times a day will help the body eliminate toxins, impurities and candida.
Buy a good quality oil (it will harden in winter but will melt easily with a little heat). Look for extra virgin, cold pressed and unrefined. Organic would be best with no added chemicals, bleaching, deodorising or hydrogenation. A mouthful, but worth it… mouth-watering.
Don’t be afraid to ask questions when buying coconut oil. If you are going to switch then you may as well get it right. My favourite is Aclara.
Enjoy getting some coconut in your life.
What do you think of coconut oil.
Do you cook with or use coconut oil at the moment?
Signing off with an exhale.
You may also like...
https://homedepotscomsurvey.com https://ipandaexpressfeedback.com https://iwhataburgersurvey.com https://ichipotlefeedback.com https://talktowendysknow.com https://tellsubwaylistens.com https://talktosonicknow.com https://lowescomsurveys.com https://telldunkincom.com