MAKE THIS: COCO-NUTTY BROWNIE
So, I was getting a little sick of bliss balls… but I wanted something for those sweet-tooth moments or a little something easy I could snack on for a little extra energy. I played around with the bliss ball recipe and a few others I saw online and the end results was this: A dense, super-chocolatey, coconut infused nut brownie. Delicious!
No added sugar. Gluten, dairy + yeast free.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1 tbls tahini
- 3 dates (pre-soaked to rehydrate)
- 2 tbls of the date juice (from soaking)
- 1 cup of mixed activated nuts
- 1/2 cup of coconut flakes
- 3 tbls cold-pressed organic coconut oil (melted)
- 3 heaped tbls of cacao
- Cinnamon to taste
What to do:
- Blend the nuts, dates, date juice and oil first until a nice. One by one add in the cacao, then the coconut flakes (use only 1/4), tahini and cinnamon.
- You should have a thick consistency that can easily be formed into a firm shape. Add in anything else you want – get fancy if you like (I sometimes add in goji berries, maca or spirulina).
- Take the rest of the coconut flakes and whizz in the blender until really fine (you might need to clean the blender first) and then sprinkle onto baking paper lining a low tupperware container or dish.
- Press the mixture into the container/ dish lined and sprinkle on some more coconut flakes and cinnamon.
Voila! Enjoy with coconut cream + berries as a dessert. Have as a breakfast on-to-go brownie or afternoon snack with some chai tea.
Saha to you and enjoy!