LEMON, LIME + LAVENDER RAW CHEESECAKE
Now that we have that out of the way, the main question is… does it taste good? Well, my ‘taste’ indicator is my fiance. A meat loving, wine appreciating man who gets squeamish at the thought of veganism but super excited when you say these words: Cheese Cake.
So, I’ll let his words do the talking.
“This cheesecake is amazing”…
Well, there is actually alot more to say (it’s me, writing) but really all you want to do is get the recipe, make it and eat it right? Right.
If you’ve never experimented with raw and vegan recipes, well this is a fantastic way to get involved. It’s stupidly easy. There is nothing to burn yourself on. All you need is a food processor/blender and an open mind.
I tweaked this recipe from about 3 different ones I found on the net. One of was lavender, another lemon, another lime. Some used avocado, most didn’t. So, I invite you to do the same. If you don’t have all the ingredients, see what you can substitute. The beauty of raw is that you can taste as you are creating and therefore you can tweak and change it.
What you’ll need:
- 1 tsp dried Lavendar (I used my Just Lavender tea from T2)
- The juice of 1 Lemon
- The juice and zest of 1 Lime
- 1 Avocado or 2 – 3 small (organic tends to be smaller)
- 2 cups Cashews
- 1 tbls Coconut Oil
- 1 tsp Stevia (or 1/2 cup raw honey if you prefer)
- 1 cup Pecans
- 8 pre-soaked and seeded Dates
- 1 tbls Coconut Oil
- 1 cup Coconut Flakes
What to do:
- Blend all base ingredients until it is a sticky, slightly crumbly mess but one that will stay together
- Press your mixture into a cake tin/dish lined with baking paper. Use anything you have for the tine: round, square – just make sure the sides are not too high.
- Pop it into the freezer or fridge to set
- Meanwhile blend all your filling ingredients until a nice smooth texture. Once your base has set spread the mixture through evenly.
- Set this in the fridge.
- To serve, lift the cake out with the baking paper, slice and serve with a dollop of fresh coconut cream
Eat and enjoy! I’d love to hear your feedback so feel free to comment below.
Saha to you,
You may also like...
https://homedepotscomsurvey.com https://ipandaexpressfeedback.com https://iwhataburgersurvey.com https://ichipotlefeedback.com https://talktowendysknow.com https://tellsubwaylistens.com https://talktosonicknow.com https://lowescomsurveys.com https://telldunkincom.com