KALE CHIPS… A BIT UGLY BUT A FLAVOUR SENSATION FOR YOUR MOUTH!
Last week I had been working from home all day. Despite having a beautifully nourishing breakfast and energy packed lunch I knew that I’d need something to tide me over during my evening yoga classes.
I quickly whipped up a batch of Kale Chips – having just received our Food Connect order I was so excited to find Kale in there. (It’s been hard for the farmers to grow it over the wet summer we had)
After posting a picture of my Kale Chips on facebook I enjoyed seeing the different reactions. A few people weren’t so impressed, and others wanted the recipe.
So here it is… you decide. Don’t judge a book by its cover, EAT them first and then judge. If you are still aren’t convinced, then fair game.
What you’ll need
- A bunch of Kale – as little or as much as you want to make
- Himalayan Rock Salt (or any other pink salt)
- Any other seasoning – Cumin, Pepper, Turmeric and Sumac are all faves of mine and work well here!
- Coconut Oil
What to do:
- ‘Shear’ the Kale – important to not eat the stalks. I slightly tear the leaves either end of the stalk at the end and then drag my fingers down to shear off the leaves
- Hand tear – don’t be precious, just break the leaves into smaller more ‘chip’ like shapes
- Toss and rub in 1 tbls coconut oil
- Toss in seasoning of choice (for those salt and vinegar fans you can add in a little vinegar here if you want
- Lay down on baking paper – evening spread out – in a baking tray
- Slower options: Bake below 100degrees for a good while – check in to make sure they are firming up and going crispy
- Faster option: Crank it to 170/180 and bake for 15 minutes
- Alternative option: place under your griller
You want crunchy, crisp but not burnt chips.
Eat and enjoy! Saha to you.
Signing off with an exhale.
Pause. Listen. Live.
One Comment to “KALE CHIPS… A BIT UGLY BUT A FLAVOUR SENSATION FOR YOUR MOUTH!”
You may also like...
https://homedepotscomsurvey.com https://ipandaexpressfeedback.com https://iwhataburgersurvey.com https://ichipotlefeedback.com https://talktowendysknow.com https://tellsubwaylistens.com https://talktosonicknow.com https://lowescomsurveys.com https://telldunkincom.com