ICE, ICE BABY… REHYDRATE THIS SUMMER WITH ICED TEA
So… the challenge – to get my boy off the sugar syrup crap (sorry, but they are!) and get him to enjoy a healthy option without taking the enjoyment away for him.
1) Ginger, lemon, mint + raw honey.
- Grate in a thumb sized amount of ginger into a 2ltr pot
- Boil up water for 15 minutes
- Add in 1 tblspoon of raw honey (you can use rice syrup or any other health/natural sweetener)
- Once cooled pour into jug
- Serve with a slice of lemon, mint sprigs and ice cubes
- Use a combination of a mint tea mix (T2 does a great one) and fresh mint leaves
- Simply boil up water and fill up jug.
- Place in mint leaves + mint tea
- Allow to steep and cool
- Serve through a strainer (of your jug doesn’t already have one) and top with fresh mint
- As above, but add in citrus or fruit tea mix for a sweeter kick.
- Honey is optional here
- Boil up a 2ltr pot of water with cinnamon bark sticks (not the quills for cooking but actual bark – usually you can source these from a lebanese/middle eastern mixed business)
- In jug add in slices of fresh apple and rose bud tea (T2!)
- Pour in boiled cinnamon tea
- Serve chilled with a dash of cinnamon powder
- Boil up a really fragrant, spicy chai
- Add in honey
- Allow to cool in jug and chill
- Serve with ice – milk optional
6)Green tea, mint and lemon
- Boil water
- In jug add green tea, lemon slices and fresh mint
- Pour water in, cool and chill
7) Pomegranate + fresh lime
- Pomegranate concentrate from the health food shop is the best option.
- Add to 2ltrs of hot water + add fresh juice from 2 limes
- Pour into jug and chill
- Add in fresh lime slices (and pomegranate seeds if you can find them) to serve on ice
Do you have any other exciting icea tea suggestions? Or even another alternative for a fresh summer drink?
Signing off with an exhale.
Pause, listen. Live