When your goals get in the way
How many times have you had a goal – a passion-filled desire – that has done an about face and actually started to control you and literally got in the way?
Have you experienced that overpowering energy of ‘achievement’ and ‘striving’ to the point where you felt completely overwhelmed and blocked? Can you see how your goals get in the way?
In this overly-stimulating, competitive and goal-orientated world we live in I’d be surprised (and seriously impressed) if you’ve never been affected by it and have side-stepped the need to achieve. But what am I really talking about here? This is about what is hiding underneath those goals that get in the way….
Let me ask you a few questions here:
- Have you ever wondered why something you’ve set your heart and mind on has crumbled into ruins?
- Or have you witnessed how an initial goal has ended up causing stress and anxiety instead of ease and joy?
- Have you felt frustrated that, despite your best efforts to achieve your goal, you’ve still managed to sabotage yourself and lost ‘control’ of what you are doing?
- Or have you felt stuck, unable to move forward, even though you’ve had the best of intentions and are really trying to face your goals head on?
Are you nodding along? Say YES?! Well then this VLOG is for you. And even if you aren’t shouting yes from the roof-tops hit play anyway. I know it’ll resonate with you on some level or hold a nugget of truth that you are destined to harness in the future, or pass onto a friend who needs to hear it.
In this vlog I share:
- How your goals can often turn on you and get in the way.
- Why your goals end up falling apart (and controlling you) – this is about the role that you play in this!
- How staying present and dropping your agendas and expectations can actually move your forward more.
- A little ‘tough-love’ message from me – a gentle slap to help you get the hell out of your own way!
Your turn: Can you see where you are in-control, right now in life? What goals are you controlling? And how is this getting in your way?
Sometimes WE get in the way and we really need to learn how to get the hell out of the way! Speaking of ‘getting in your own way’. In 2013 I wrote an ebook called: Get out of your own way – 17 ways to surrender for your best life yet! If this video resonated with you I know you’ll get so much out of my ebook. I share so many pivotal and personal stories where I was called to surrender and how they led me to a life of more ease and flow. Check it out here.
love + light to you,
Join The Wellness ProjectGet free weekly insights & inspiration
- Get your FREE ebook: 21 Days to Free Your Mind, Fuel Your Body & Feed Your Soul