SWEET POTATO + CACAO PALEO SLICE
Some call this a brownie, others call it a cake. Call it what you will, it’s just damn delicious!
I’ve mentioned before how much I love sweet potatoes. So comforting and delicious, not to mention naturally sweet. If you are in the process of quitting sugar,t eventually, root veggies like the sweet potato will be oh-so-sweet to you.
AND, the best bit, you can make pretty awesome things with the humble sweetest of potatoes.
I was on the hunt for a little snack. Something I could have with a cup of tea at 3:30pm on those days I really need a pick-me-up. I’m not a huge snacker because I work from home and can enjoy three decent meals, but every now and then I love a little something spesh.
I’ll bet if you are a 9-5er, a mum, a uni student (anyone!) that this little Paleo Slice will be exactly what you need to curb cravings, get an extra hit of protein and feel nicely satiate.
- It’s sugar-free
- It’s protein packed
- It’s vegetarian (vegans use chia seeds instead of eggs!)
- It’s gluten-free
Ohhh yes. Does that make you as happy as it makes me?!
What you’ll need:
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil – cold pressed EV
- 1 tbls of rice malt syrup or raw honey if you don’t have it.
- 1 scoop of chocolate Sunwarrior protein power (vanilla and natural work fine too)
- 3 tbs coconut flour
- 1 tsp gluten free baking powder
- 1 large sweet potato
- 3 tbls raw cacao powder
- Lashing of cinnamon
What to do.
- Peel and dice the sweet potato, toss in coconut oil
- Bake in the oven for 30 minutes or until soft.
- Meanwhile mix all the above DRY ingredients together and all the wet ingredients in a separate bowl.
- When the sweet potato is ready, blend or mash up. Add to the wet ingredients, then mix the dry ingredients in. Make sure it’s mixed really well.
- Spread into a low cake tin/baking tray (using baking paper so it doesn’t stick). Bake at 180 for 30 minutes.
Optional topping: Melt cacao, butter and rice malt syrup for a chocolatey topping. Try my Healthy Nutella mix . OR mix cacao, rice malt syrup and yoghurt. Add onto the brownie once it’s cooled and then refrigerate.
Enjoy as a snack with a peppermint tea, a breakfast option or even a dessert!
Eat and enjoy.