SUNDAY SWEET TOOTH – APPLE, DATE, FIG + WALNUT CRUMBLE
Happy Monday peeps!
So, yesterday was a busy Sunday.
I’d woken at 6am. Went to my parents place for a chit-chat over cinnamon tea.
I went to yoga at 8am. I had breakfast with my mum after practice and then met a friend straight after for a long awaited catch-up.
Next, I drove straight into the city to meet my brother. We were taking my 6year old niece and 3 year old nephew to Mary Poppins. Have you ever tried to sit through 2 hours + 45 minutes with children who have the attention span of a fly. Lots of effort involved. It was exhausting!
By the time I got home at 5pm my sugar levels had dropped… despite sipping on a green smoothie during the show, I needed a pick-me-up… and fast. I raided the fridge, hunting for the ingredients to create a yummy, sweet something… anything!
This is what I found. Dried turkish figs, dried dates, apples, walnuts, an orange. Straight away my mind said Summer Crumble!
So, that’s what I did. I made the most delicious, quick and healthy Summer Fruit + Nut Crumble.
So here is the recipe. A perfect solution to when you need something sweet but don’t want to sacrifice your health.
• Juice of one orange
• Stevia to taste
For the crumble mixture:
• ¼ Linseeds/Almonds/Sunflower mix – ground up
• ¼ cup hazelnut meal
• ¼ oats (including coconut flakes)
• 100g Organic whole milk butter
• 50g Cacao butter
• Soak figs + dates
• Roughly chop apples + pre-soaked dates
• Line baking loaf tin with coconut oil
• Layer tin with apples, figs, dates, mulberries (whole), crumbled walnuts
• Sprinkle cinnamon + nutmeg
• Pour in juice of orange
• Drizzle 1teaspoon of coconut oil
• Place in fridge
• Next, toss in more crushed walnuts, hazelnut meal, LSA mixture, oats + coconut flakes.
• Massage cacao + organic butter into mixture with fingers – creating crumbly textured clumps (like thick bread crumbs)
• Layer over fruit mixture
• Bake in over for 15 minutes – 180 degrees. Serve with coconut milk/cream!
Signing off with an exhale.
Pause. Listen. Live.