I don’t need to explain much here, but I just needed to pay homage to summer. I am a summer girl, through and through. Born and bred on the beach – it’s part of my DNA. I am in my element in summer. I love spring with just as much passion, but there is an attitude, an energy to summer that I relish and itch for every year.
So, in honour of the beautiful weather here is a short list on what I love about summer:
- The unexpected scent of jasmine and honeysuckle in the air
- The southerly breeze blowing off the coast to cool you down after a steamy day
- Crisp, almost icy water weaving through your hair as you dive into the ocean
- Mangos – on and in everything
- Endless evenings
- Skin – in all shades – on show
- Fresh seafood and herb salads
- Homemade ice tea
- The joy – it’s written on everyones face
- Afternoon naps after a day at the beach
- The beach, any beach…
- A warm and limber yoga practice
- Morning sunrise walks
- Summer clothing; tees, thongs, shorts, breezy dresses
- The smell of coconut oil in the air
- The feeling that everything is ok when the sun is shining
- The ocean, the sun and the sky
What do you love about summer?
Signing off with an exhale.
Pause. Listen. Live