Make this: Vegan Rice Paper Rolls
The last few weeks in Sydney, as Summer slowly drew to a close, have been sticky. Humidity levels have reached uncomfortable… Which means, for me at least, my appetite completely wanes. I can’t quite stomach a heavy meal when it’s hot. Anyone else? Is it that just me?
The other day my hubby and I felt inspired to whip up a light, summery and mostly raw meal. The result – the most delicious, satisfying and damn-easy dinner (lunch, snack – whatever you want it to be!).
Because I hate having to read through a whole post before getting to a recipe I’m going to dive right into this one for you now, with these parting words – freaking delicious!
What you’ll need: (makes approx 12)
- 2 carrots, grated
- 1/2 red cabbagge, grated
- 1 large handful of snow pea sprouts
- 1/2 avocado – mashed up
- 1 red capsicum sliced thinly
- 1/2 cup of peanut butter
- 1/2 deseeded pomegranate
- Big handful of chopped coriander
- Tamari Sauce
- Fish Sauce
- Pomegranate concentrate (optional)
- 1 fresh lime
- Sesame seeds
- 1 tsp Dried Chilli Flakes
- Packet of Rice Paper Sheets
What to do:
- Mix all the veggies together, except the avocado and peanut butter.
- Mix up your sauce – a heavy handed splash of Tamari Sauce, Fish Sauce + 1 tsp of pomegranate concentrate, chilli, salt and pepper to taste, juice of the lime.
- Follow the instructions on the rice paper sheets – dunk one sheet a time into a wide, flat pan with hot/warm water for no longer than 5 seconds. Lay flat onto a clean chux dishcloth. (Not paper toweling, the rice paper sheets will stick!)
- Spread some peanut butter onto the rice paper towards the back 3rd of the sheet. Pile on 1-2 tbls of the veggie mix and a dollop of avocado on top.
- Roll gently – fold the sides in first and slowly roll it up.
- Continue with the rest of the sheets.
- Serve with a drizzle of the sauce (it’ll be in the bottom of your veggie mix) and a sprinkle of sesame seeds.
Heaven. The best part? You can go wild with veggies, fillings and flavours. Spinach and prawn? Sashimi Tuna and wasabi mayo? Pork + Mint? Mmm
Eat and enjoy!
Join The Wellness ProjectGet free weekly insights & inspiration
- Get your FREE ebook: 21 Days to Free Your Mind, Fuel Your Body & Feed Your Soul