COCONUT CARAMEL BLISS BALLS
I shared a picture of these recently via Instagram recently and promised to share this recipe. So here it is. These bliss balls are my husband’s favourite. So much so that he attempts to claim the recipe as his. The first time I made these I had him follow my verbal instructions as he blended away, since then these have been labelled as ‘his creation’. Fair enough, they are that damn good you’ll want to take all the credit for them too.
Honestly, I have no idea where this recipe came from. Inspiration? Influence? Who knows. All I remember is that I’d just made a batch of cacao bliss balls and thought it’d be good to come up with a different flavour.
The result? Chewy, caramelly goodness. Decadent. Moorish. Completely free from added sugar, gluten, and they are 100% vegan too.
Try them for yourself!
What you’ll need:
- 1 cup of activated nuts
- 6 pre-soaked dates 1 cup of coconut flakes
- 2 heaped tbls of chia seeds
- 1 heaped tbls of almond butter
- 1/4 cup of melted coconut oil
- Heavy handed shake of cinnamon
- 2tbls of maca
What to do:
- First, blend up the nuts finely.
- Add in the coconut flakes, continue to blend.
- Add in 6 soaked and seeded dates. Blend again until a nice fine and firm mixture.
- Add in the butter, oil, cinnamon, maca and chia seeds.
- Blend for a good 2 minutes.
- Roll into small balls, lay them out in a Tupperware container on sheets of baking paper. Freeze or refrigerate.
It’s so refreshing to have something that’s a little different to the usual chocolate bliss balls. Get creative, replace almond butter with tahini. Add in some goji berries, or use macadamia nuts instead of almonds.
I’d love to hear your thoughts after you try this recipe. Let me know in the comments below.
Love & light to you,
p.s head over to my RECIPE SECTION for more delicious recipes.
Join The Wellness ProjectGet free weekly insights & inspiration
- Get your FREE ebook: 21 Days to Free Your Mind, Fuel Your Body & Feed Your Soul