BREAKFAST IN UNDER 15 MINUTES
Working as an entrepreneur from home has its perks. I no longer have to share the office fridge and kitchen with my colleagues (which always meant cleaning up after the messy ones).
I don’t have to head out to grab food – I have a fully (and gratefully!) stocked fridge! I don’t have to pack my breakfast/lunch with me – which means I’m not carrying around 3 different bags (like I used to).
Having said that, my days, although balanced and fulfilling can sometimes be busy and I don’t necessarily want to be in the kitchen cooking for longer than I need to.
Which brings me to breakfast. By far the most important meal of the day, but you already know that don’t you? Forgive me for not wasting time here heralding the power of breakfast… let’s just all assume that we get it – there is no way we can function properly (after fasting for 8hours, asleep at night) throughout our day without a good meal to start off with.
The question is, you know it – breakfast is key – but are you dedicated to nourishing your body properly? I’m hoping so, but going by the amount of clients I work with that totally skip breaky because they are too…
… I’d bet that many of you sometimes (not always) skip the one meal that really, truly matters.
To hep you out, I’ve got 6 delicous breakfast ideas that are all ready in under 15 minutes. No excuses, huh?
These breaky options are meals that I personally enjoy, regularly. I rotate, I change it up, I make sure I don’t get too bored, but generally, I don’t get caught up in having to make breakfast ‘special’. Now, what I mean is this; of course you want your breakfast to be delicious, but too often I hear people complaining that they are bored of their food.
So, let me just say this once and for all:
The primary intention is to FUEL your body with clean, nutritious food.
It’s not about indulging in a complicated, gourmet meal that’s going to impress your neighbours. It’s about fuel and function. Yes, make it delicous, yes, make it interesting, but seriously let some of the emotional attachment to your food disipate a little. Save the complication for an expensive night out and just get in a consistent and healthy eating pattern, especially at breakfast!
Ok, rant over.
6 Breakfast Ideas Ready in 15 minutes!
1) Avo on toast:
Gluten-free sourdough (there are some great oat or buckwheat varieties available now) with lashings of avocado, fresh herbs, lemon, pink salt, pepper, sliced organic tomatoes and some alfafa sprouts on top!
2) Pre-made bircher muesli:
Make a batch, keep it in the fridge, enjoy for 2-3 days (great to pack up a little container and take to work). P.s this is a dairy-free + sugar-free version
Try this recipe:
- 2 cups gluten-free muesli (sans dried fried).
- Chuck in some chia seeds, coconut flakes, activated almonds
- 2 tbls of cinnamon + nutmeg
- Soak in 2 cups of coconut water + 1 cup of coconut yoghurt
- Let it soak overnight in the fridge. In the AM add in a sliced/grated green apple and off you go!
3) Payapa + yoghurt:
For those of you that really don’t feel hungry in the morning, but you need something to tide you over until mid-morning (when you should refuel again) then this combo is a great digestive primer. It gets the digestive system awakened and ready to go and is a super detoxer as well.
- 1/2 deseeded payapa
- Squeeze of lemon juice over the top
- 2 tbls of yoghurt of your choice (sheep’s, goat, cow or coconut)
- Handful of crushed nuts sprinkles on top.
- Dig in with a spoon.
4)Pre-made nutty granola:
Again, something you can make once and really enjoy for days! This is one of my favourite breakfasts. So filling and stupidly tasty.
- 4 – 5 cups of previously activated nuts (whatever nuts you prefer – I like almond, walnut, brazil, pistachio and macadamia).
- Toss in 3 tbls chia seeds, 1 cup coconut flakes, cinnamon to taste and 1/2 cup of coconut oil.
- Bake in the oven at 120 degrees for around 15 minutes.
- When it’s out and cooled, toss in some goji berries, puffed millet and/or brown rice. Store in a sealed container in the fridge.
- When you want to eat it, serve with your milk of choice (I prefer homemade almond milk), yoghurt and fresh fruit like sliced banana or whatever is in season!)
5) Scrambled eggs + avocado rice cakes:
Seriously, this is so quick! Spread lots of avocado onto two brown rice cakes (Nature’s Harvest does an awesome organic version with nothing added but brown rice). Flavour as you wish (salt, pepper, seasoning) and then scramled up two eggs, pop on top and munch away.
6) High protein smoothie:
I’ve posted lots of recpes before on smoothies. Check them out here.
One of my favourites is an energy-dense one that will keep you going for hours. And no, it’s not green!
- 250 mls of nut milk or coconut water
- 1/2 cup of blueberries
- Coocnut flesh if you can get your hands on it. Other good alternatives – 1 tbls of tahini, or nut butter or yoghurt
- 1 raw egg or 3 tbls of brown rice protein powder
- 1 tbls of coconut oil
- 1 tbls of chia seeds
- Vanilla bean powder to taste
- 2 dates deseeded
- Blend and enjoy!
A few other options from my recipe section that can be pre-made ahead of time: Zucchini + Coconut Pancakes, Buckwheat pancakes, Quinoa Porridge and Vegetarian slice. All of these you can make in a batch (freeze if you need too) and have them ready for the week – perfect for those of you exceptionally busy and needed to save time. Click here for more of my recipes.
Ok your turn: I know you must have a trust little good-to-go recipe up you sleeve that is quick and easy? Care to share below in the comments? Love ya for it!
love + light,
Join The Wellness ProjectGet free weekly insights & inspiration
- Get your FREE ebook: 21 Days to Free Your Mind, Fuel Your Body & Feed Your Soul