5 WAYS TO FILL YOUR (self) LOVE CUP + A VALENTINE’S DAY PRIZE PACK!
*This post has been updated with an additional prize included*
I’m SO excited… I can hardly contain myself. I’ve got a gorgeous Valentine’s Day Prize Pack for you. Why? Because I love you and Valentine’s is all about the l.o.v.e!
So keep reading, all will be revealed soon enough. Seriously, this is well worth the wait!
But first, let’s talk about luuuurve. How to get more of it, for yourself… from yourself!
Yep, love. In all it’s spine-tingling, heart opening glory.
We all know about romantic love. The kind that can make your stomach roll and heart flutter. With Valentine’s Day just around the corner, for some, this is might be the of love they are thinking about. Will they get it, can they keep it, do they want it?
Me? I’ve never been much of a V-day fan. In fact, I’m indifferent to it… I have no problem if others want to indulge in the day, expressing their love and forking out stupid amounts of money for flowers and gifts.
For me, the kind of love I share with my partner is one based in respect (for each other and ourselves) and it’s of the no-frills variety. I’ve come to realise it’s because LOVE, for me, is not something something you can buy or keep or own but something that you feel and experience. The questions really are:
1) where are you looking for love, within or without?
2) how full is your love cup?
When we feel full to the brim with love – and now I’m talking self-love – it might not matter what gifts you get on Valentine’s Day, who you spend it with or whether you have enough ‘romantic love’ in your life. You probably wouldn’t care so much.
Now, don’t get me wrong, I love the company of my honey…I desire his attention, love and care. But let’s be totally straight up here… I love my company more. Or should I say, I need it more. There, I said it. Shocking? Not really, because the more I love myself, the more I love him and everyone else in my life. It’s such an old cliche, but it’s 100%, write-this-in-stone, fact!
So, how do we fill up our own LOVE cup? How do we have a cup that over-floweth with happy, bright-spark juiciness that makes us feel whole, complete, loved, content… worthy.
Here are a few of my own self-love tips that will leave your love cup full with extra reserves
1) Gratitude, gratitude, gratitude.
There is a reason everyone bangs on about gratitude so much. Because, as soon as you GIVE love – share your heart, openly give thanks, move from compassion – you GET more love. A huge dollop of it. That’s the nature of us humans.
Tip: Each day start off by jotting down 5 things you were grateful for the day before and hold them in your heart. They perhaps see how you can express that gratitude to someone else. E.g. if a friend is always there shoot them a text to say you love them and are grateful for all that they do for you… just because you can.
2) Me, me, me.
It’s not selfish to ask for and carve out alone time. It’s healthy. If you never give yourself space to be alone, doing the things you love or simply just have space and quiet then try it. Be transparent with your family/friends/partner if needed and tell them you are going to be offline during a certain time. Put yourself first!
Tip: If you need to properly unwind after work tell your partner/flatmate etc that you are going to spend 1hr each evening when you come home in silence, maybe in your room. If you ask for their patience and respect, you’ll get it. You’ll also get a chance to connect in with yourself, and no one else.
3) Love, love, love.
Does it scare you how many times a day you think about all the things YOU don’t like about yourself? Your nose, your hair, your freckles… Or are you perpetually comparing yourself to others. Have you ever caught yourself scrutinizing and tearing yourself apart? It’s time to catch yourself in auto-play and stop terrorizing yourself with your thoughts.
Tip: When those negative, soul-sapping thoughts come into play try to drop them, instantly, like you would a hot plate (if someone handed one to you!) and imagine, like said plate that all those thoughts smash into pieces. Next, think, say out loud or write down 5 things you LOVE about yourself. It might seem silly at first but we are trying to retrain your habitually negative thought-patterns
4) Do, do, do.
What do you LOVE to do. What makes you grin insanely from ear to ear? You’re thinking of it right now, aren’t you? Ok, so I ask you now, how OFTEN do you do that? Weekly? Monthly? Hardly ever? Hmm.. why, the heck not? Do what you love, more often. Doesn’t it seem silly that we spend so much of our time doing things we don’t love (e.g a job) just to keep on going through life, not loving our life?
Tip: Brainstorm – jot down everything you love to do and next to each one write down how often you’d like to do it. And then schedule it in your diary. Force yourself to get out there and be present, soak up the love.
5) Be, be, be.
Love-suckers – you know those people that don’t leave you feeling alive, but instead drain you and make you feel a little less worthy each time? Ditch them. Instead, be with those that make you feel alive, excited and unconditionally loved. Consciously surround yourself with people that live and breath love – for themselves and those around them. Tap into a collective energy of love by sharing your precious self with beautiful souls.
Tip: Connect with other like-minded people. Make friends with fellow yogis, attend workshops and seminars, create your own circle of amazing people.
There is a whole bounty of splendid ways to start filling up your love tank. Here are a few more to add to your loot:
- Meditate daily
- Laugh more – at yourself, with others and the world
- Sing along loud and proud to music that makes your heart soar
- Sleep in, drink tea and read in bed
- Get a massage, regularly
- Let go of the past and the future. How good is the present?
- Nourish your body with the cleanest food + drink. Your mind will follow!
- Forgive others – the world isn’t out to get you, sometimes people just make mistakes.
- Move and breath in a way that makes you feel WHOLE.
- Pay it forward – do something kind for someone else unannounced and uninvited
- Say yes to yourself more and learn how to say no!
- Journal – get it out of your head and onto paper. Sometimes when you re-read your own words you can see clearly what you want, need or perhaps, should let go of.
Now, you are armed up with some fantastic it’s time for me to pass on some LOVE to you. This is my way of saying THANK YOU for making my life so damn special. The Wellness Project brings me so much joy – each client and person I get to interact and share with literally fills up my love cup.
If you took the time to read through that and you didn’t jump ahead to the competition, well, me thinks you are definitely deserving of some (self) LOVE!
So, what’s up for grabs in this Valentine’s Day Bundle of Love prizes?
All of this:
1) A FILL YOUR LOVE CUP COACHING SESSION – Via skype with yours truly
Let’s have a love-packed 50 minutes where we workshop how you can bring more love into your life – includes a discount if you want to really crack open and feel love with regular sessions!
2) A YUMMY HAMPER from FMK Kitchen – delicious and healthy sweet treats that will bring you much joy. All made by hand and with love!
3) A ONE DAY CLEANSE from Urban Remedy – your body will love you for it
Give your digestive system a break and dose up with a big hit of nutrients.
You can use YogaPass at hundreds of studios around Australia.
5) GOOD GREEN STUFF – a super green supplement from NuZest to help you feel alive and bouncy
Packed with a heap of green veggies, antioxidant fruits, essential minerals and vitamins.
6) A BODHA JAPANESE SILK + LAVENDER EYE PILLOW – to quieten your mind and shut the world out. Find your inner sanctuary. This eye pillow is made with organic wholewheat, organic cotton and kiwi Lavender. YUM
It’s easy, all you have to do is:
- Visit my facebook – hit LIKE if you haven’t already (there are lots of updates/posts/tips that I only share on fb
- Head over to the facebook page (find the post listing this competition) or comment below and share with us how you practice self-love or why you feel it’s important to start
- Tag a friend in your comment – maybe someone in your life that might also need to practice a little self-love and who might benefit from connecting to The Wellness Project
- Register for my e-newsletter – The winner will be announced on Friday 22nd via the newsletter
All steps must be completed to enter – but lucky for you they are easy. Simply LIKE, COMMENT, TAG + SIGN-UP!
Fingers and toes crossed for you. Don’t forget to share this post so more people can feel the LOVE!
Saha to you,